[nos-bbs] JNOS and ax0?

Chris Maness christopher.maness at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:04:19 EST 2024

Strange, I did not receive your response but the archive did.  I am wondering
if google is bouncing replies to xNOS.

Anyhow, yes I can attach the ax0 port with said command, and it works
great for AX.25, but NETROM does not seem to play well with it.
net2kiss seems to work better with NETROM as it provides JNOS a KISS
port to work with.  The reason this is useful is that I am also doing
LinFBB and UROnode on the same system, and those applications need
access to the Linux AX.25 stack as well.

-Chris KQ6UP

##############

It does look like it, it specifically mentions Linux AX.25 network
devices, it is just confusing that it uses the baycom hardware type and
only talks about soundmodem, offcourse all the other devices like serial
and usb kiss tncs are directly supported by JNOS and people preferred to
keep the ports seperated and link the 2 sides with a tunnel so it is not
a common usecase but still valid.

73 Andre PE1RDW

Op 19-01-2024 om 16:17 schreef Chris Maness:
> Does the following passage from:
>
> https://www.langelaar.net/jnos2/documents/kb8ojh-packet/jnos.html
>
> Mean that I can also attach to ax0, or does this only account for sm0?
>
> I would like to share my KISS port with the linux AX.25 stack.
>
> -TNX Chris KQ6UP
>
> #########################################################
>
> Kernel AX.25 devices
>
> As of JNOS version 2.0g, JNOS supports Linux AX.25 network devices
> directly, by way of the baycom hardware type. In order to use it,
> change the #undef BAYCOM_SER_FDX line in config.h to read:
>
> #define BAYCOM_SER_FDX
>
> Then recompile JNOS, and attach the soundmodem device in your autoexec.nos with:
>
> attach baycom vhf 256 sm0
>
> If your soundmodem network device is named something other than sm0,
> change the last parameter accordingly.
>
> The JNOS documentation on this can be found on langelaar.net.
>
> Many thanks to Maiko Langelaar himself for pointing this out.

Thanks,
Chris Maness