[nos-bbs] jnos en git?

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bob at tenty.ca
Sun Mar 12 15:20:32 EDT 2023

Maiko,

The Linux variant of ndproxy is called ndppd and is available as a package in Ubuntu. I just
discovered it via https://github.com/DanielAdolfsson/ndppd and searching for that name
in Ubuntu. It might also be available in other distros. Code is already old.

Bob VE3TOK

On 2023-03-12 14:25, Maiko (Personal) wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> 1) It's not ready to be put on github.
>
> 2) The IPV6 code is extremely technical, so I don't want
>    collaboration on the very base level code, not a good
>    idea.
>
> 3) I actually have incoming and outgoing telnet from JNOS
>    to the localhost working now.
>
> 4) The challenge is using IPV6 public addresses. This concept
>    of IPV6 forwarding is 'different' then IPV4, and ip6tables
>    is required (to my understanding) to properly get packets
>    between linux host eth0 and JNOS tun interface.
>
> 5) What complicates the ability to use public IPV6 addresses,
>    is the ND (network solicitation frames), multicast, and a
>    whole lot more. This is a LOT to learn on my part.
>
> 6) I have to thank Bob for his guidance here and there. I may
>    have to use a TAP interface to properly handle these frames
>    for ND, but I also read something about NDproxy, or you can
>    manually do this even for IPV6 ? I need to do LOTS of reading,
>    this stuff is hard to get one's head around. Even my very
>    technical friends are saying that, IPV6 is so 'different'.
>
> So these are just some of the challenges I face, after naively
> perhaps taking this on. BUT, I want to make this work, it will
> take some time, but right now, sorry, not collaboration as far
> as the IPV6 JNOS code.
>
> Now if anyone has experience the operational aspects or how
> to configure routes between public and user space apps, yes
> please, that's the biggest obstacle now from what I can see.
>
> With kind regards of course,
>
> Maiko / VE4KLM
>
>  * back to painting the inside of my house :(
>
> On 2023-03-12 12:35 p.m., Eduardo Castillo wrote:
>> asked !!!
>>
>> It would not be good for a git repository to be used
>>
>> For the development version
>>
>> Maybe other developers can collaborate
>>
>> mainly with the ipv6 part
>>
>> or some other implementation

There is nothing permanent except change

-Heraclitus