[nos-bbs] jnos en git?

Maiko (Personal) maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sun Mar 12 14:25:57 EDT 2023

Hi Eduardo,

1) It's not ready to be put on github.

2) The IPV6 code is extremely technical, so I don't want
    collaboration on the very base level code, not a good
    idea.

3) I actually have incoming and outgoing telnet from JNOS
    to the localhost working now.

4) The challenge is using IPV6 public addresses. This concept
    of IPV6 forwarding is 'different' then IPV4, and ip6tables
    is required (to my understanding) to properly get packets
    between linux host eth0 and JNOS tun interface.

5) What complicates the ability to use public IPV6 addresses,
    is the ND (network solicitation frames), multicast, and a
    whole lot more. This is a LOT to learn on my part.

6) I have to thank Bob for his guidance here and there. I may
    have to use a TAP interface to properly handle these frames
    for ND, but I also read something about NDproxy, or you can
    manually do this even for IPV6 ? I need to do LOTS of reading,
    this stuff is hard to get one's head around. Even my very
    technical friends are saying that, IPV6 is so 'different'.

So these are just some of the challenges I face, after naively
perhaps taking this on. BUT, I want to make this work, it will
take some time, but right now, sorry, not collaboration as far
as the IPV6 JNOS code.

Now if anyone has experience the operational aspects or how
to configure routes between public and user space apps, yes
please, that's the biggest obstacle now from what I can see.

With kind regards of course,

Maiko / VE4KLM

  * back to painting the inside of my house :(