[nos-bbs] QtSoundModem Interface (all 4 ports) - success + try it out ...

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bob at tenty.ca
Thu Jan 19 18:46:19 EST 2023

Maiko,

I recompiled jnos for multiple attach winrpr but how do I switch on the other modems in QtSoundModem?

In QtSoundModem.ini  do I only have to set

ModemType1=1
ModemType2=15
ModemType3=1
ModemType4=1

Under the Modem heading?

I tried but nothing happening, so I guess something is missing.

Bob VE3TOK

On 2023-01-14 19:24, Maiko (Personal) wrote:
> Great news, and a nice way to finish up the evening ...
>
> All 4 ports (initial attach + 3 additional attach kiss ports) working.
>
> The windows version of QtSoundModem - excellent results
>  (tx out anyways)
>
> The linux version I compiled on my system is 'broken' - only broadcasts
> every 2nd packet sent to it, and after sending a couple on the 2nd kiss
> port, nothing else happens, it's stuck on Tx Start and that's the end.
>
> I will try to debug it at some point, probably something with the libs for my particular linux distribution. I'm a slackware guy, so who knows what is going on, might be as simple as a missing package.
>
> But I am more likely to use the windows version for now anyways.
>
> IF anyone wants to 'play', then download the latest winrpr.c file :
>
>   cd < existing JNOS source code >
>
>   rsync  -av  www.langelaar.net::development/winrpr/winrpr.c  .
>
>   Note : WINRPR should be defined in your config.h
>
>   rm winrpr.o config.o ; make
>
> The autoexec.nos entries 'could be' as follows :
>
>   attach winrpr QtK 192.168.100.105 8105
>
>   attach kiss QtK 1 QtK2
>   attach kiss QtK 2 QtK3
>   attach kiss QtK 3 QtK4
>
> Please let me know how it goes :]
>
> I will add 'attach qtsoundmodem' at a later date, same thing as winrpr.
>
> John has added an ARDOP modem, just so you all know.
>
> Maiko / VE4KLM

There is nothing permanent except change

-Heraclitus