[nos-bbs] Jnos and rf

Jay jjn at nuge.com
Sun May 29 23:04:41 EDT 2022

Greetings,

On Sun, 29 May 2022, VE2PKT wrote:

>        How many of you are using  Jnos and RF?
> Are you running a TNC in Kiss or any other way of connecting
> to your radios?

    Here in Michigan we have a number of Raspberry-Pi's with TNC-Pi's
running JNOS.  These are our "Hamgate's" that act as default gateway
routers for one or more Counties and are resposible for all traffic in
those counties subnets (44.102.X.Y).  Those each have both an ENCAP route
table (to reach all the AMPRnet networks wordwide) and they have one or
more RF ports.

    Then there are still far more JNOS nodes that are home stations with RF
ports, only.  Home and portable stations point default route toward their
respective Hamgate.

    Hamgates and home nodes usually also run NetROM as an additional
"feature".

    SMTP Email easily flows over TCP/IP (over AX.25 or IP-over-NetROM) so
that email is truely End-to-End delivery.  NO third-party networks or
storage servers are necessary in such a network  :)

       --- Jay WB8TKL
           Ypsilanti, Michigan