[nos-bbs] Getting started with JNOS and Ampr net

Tom Fuller tomfuller56 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 13:57:27 EDT 2022

Hello All,

I am just getting started with Jnos and ampr net. I have already been
assigned a 44 net allocation and I have available

Dos
Windows 7
Hardware tnc
Signalink tnc
Dynamic dns service
Router ** not sure if I need it though for jnos and ampr net

Can anyone point me to a setup and beginner's guide ? I have looked so far
into the jnos documentation from VE4KLM for Jnos 1.1 and 2.0. I have jnos
1.1 configured and working with my hardware tnc for packet radio. I tried
jnos 2.0 but it didn't seem to show all the commands that jnos 1.1 showed.

I have looked thru a few sample autoexec.nos files but if anyone could
share a sample autoexec.nos file it
would be greatly appreciated also that may work with my setup.

Also, does anyone know if there are any beginner's setup guides on how to
use ampr net besides the ampr net website ?

Thanks and 73,

Thomas Fuller
KE4QCM