[nos-bbs] How to generate regular heard list reports

Maiko (Personal) maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sat Dec 31 11:11:45 EST 2022

This is an example only, I currently do not have an rpr port
on my system (antenna systems are shot since June), so for the
sake of an example I am using my bob port instead ...

Sorry Bob :)

Also, 'aprs flags +debug' is not related to these scripts or any
trace files at all, it just provides more info in the log files,
for APRS there is it's own 'aprs/master.log', normally it's off,
since it can fill up the logs nicely.

# Jun2021, generate heard list report every 30 minutes
# at now+0032 "source reportRPR.nos+"

Note in the NOS script below, the command 'date', I added this to JNOS
some time ago, since before that I would shell out to the date command,
which resulted in extra processes being left around in linux. This saves
you from having to shell out to linux to get the date.

bash-5.1# cat reportRPR.nos

remark " " > /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark "Robust Packet Radio Stations heard on 10.147.30 (Dial) USB" >>
/tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark "From VE4KLM in Winnipeg, south facing sloper dipole" >>
/tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt
date >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt

remark "Direct" >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt
ax25 h bob >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt

remark "Via Digipeater" >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt
ax25 h digid bob >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
remark " ">> /tmp/rprreport.txt

#remark "Destinations" >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
#remark " " >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
#ax25 h dest rp0 >> /tmp/rprreport.txt
#remark " " >> /tmp/rprreport.txt

#mailmsg heard at ww "Robust Packet Radio Stations Heard on 30 meters"
/tmp/rprreport.txt

#smtp kick

Maiko / VE4KLM