[nos-bbs] Not Sure if my IPtables forwarding RIP is working

maiko at pcsinternet.ca maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sun Dec 18 23:29:08 EST 2022

Read this (skip the part about JNOS 2.0h and patches) :

    https://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/ripamprgw

Again, the assumption is that you have a static IP registered
in the amprnet gateways database. That's the only way you will
get RIP broadcasts directed to your linux box.

If there is no 'source match' then everything from ANY iface
on the linux box is masqueraded (if you have a second ethernet
port, or several TUN interfaces, whatever).

Maiko / VE4KLM