[nos-bbs] JNOS Winlink implementation

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Thu Sep 30 10:32:15 EDT 2021

Morning,

    https://www.langelaar.net/jnos2/documents/j2addendum.txt

> Also, does this mean that JNOS can act as an RMS node ...

Thanks for reminding me, I had forgot to include that in the addendum,
that's my
next job then, the gist of the release notes in August of 2019 is as
follows :

     IF you are interesting in using your JNOS as an RMS node, add the
     following define to your config.h file :

	#define TNCALL

    and recompile JNOS as follows (if you have a compiled source already) :

        rm ax25.o ax25cmd.o ax25mail.o config.o tnlink.o
        make

    provided you are using a recent source (anytime after August of 2019) ...

    Choose a callsign you want Winlink (RMS) Express clients to connect to,
    then add an entry similar to the following to your autoexec.nos file :

      ax25 tncall ve4klm-11 cms.winlink.org 8772 cronly

    Obviously I'm using VE4KLM-11 for mine - make sure you change to your own call.

    NOTE : I am assuming you have the 'ax25 mycall' parameter configured in
                  your autoexec.nos file. It's used for the CMS application login.

    Back then I had it working with the latest Winlink Express 1.5.22.0 client.

    PLEASE : send me reports and feedback, thank you.

Hope that helps.

Maiko / VE4KLM