[nos-bbs] ax25 | netrom kick, reset, stat - too large CB hex # issues

Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Tue Mar 9 14:15:13 EST 2021

It would appear that the last few Ubuntu releases are showing
very high values for the &AXB and &NCB column in any commands
such as the following :

    netrom status
    netrom kick < &nrcb >
    netrom reset < &nrcb >

    ax25 status
    ax25 kick < &axcb > | < remote call>
    ax25 reset < &axcb > | < remote call>

The problem with this is that kick and reset using the hex values
are not working, you always get an invalid control block. This is
because the JNOS routines are internally using htoi(), a function
that converts hex to integer - which can't possibly cover these
new larger values.

I'll be putting a patch out 'soon' that will switch to using htol()
function instead, which does work, I can confirm that.

Thanks to Jack (AA6HF) for catching this. I'm not sure why all of
a sudden the GLIB has decided to give higher values, GCC 9 is where
this seems to have started ? perhaps earlier if anyone can confirm ?

I will also add < netrom call > as an option instead of having to
type in the hex number, similar to what I did for ax25 back in 2005
I believe, yeah I know, that's a LONG time ago, sigh ... Why did I
not do it for netrom back then ? Never kicked netrom, just ax25 :)

Maiko / VE4KLM