[nos-bbs] Aprnet Gateway

Lee D Bengston kilo5dat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:38:30 EST 2021

Hi Maiko,

At https://wiki.ampr.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_gateway_on_Linux, there is a
link in the JNOS area, which is
http://kf8kk.com/packet/jnos-linux/linux-jnos-setup-1.htm.  It's labeled *
Linux - Jnos Setup and Configuration HOW-TO
<http://kf8kk.com/packet/jnos-linux/linux-jnos-setup-1.htm>*

I have a dynamic address, but it's still registered as a gateway, and it
works as the portal allows for dynamic DNS.  When I use XRouter a.k.a. XRPi
as the gateway, it runs RIP and is able to get the tunnel routes.  So what
I tried to do today was simply change my Ubiquiti router to forward
protocol 4 and UDP 520 to JNOS instead of XRouter and see JNOS get the
routes, but it never did.  What I was able to do was leave XRouter as the
gateway, and add a static tunnel route in JNOS to send all 44-traffic to
XRouter. In XRouter I added a static (/32) tunnel route to send any traffic
bound for JNOS's 44-address to JNOS.  That works, and JNOS can ping
anything in 44-net - well maybe not VPN or BGP based - but it can ping
hosts in the subnets associated with the tunnel routes obtained by XRouter
via RIP.

I may have to try some packet captures in order to see what's different.

Thanks,
Lee K5DAT

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>