[nos-bbs] Aprnet Gateway

Lee D Bengston kilo5dat at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:15:18 EST 2021

Hello,

I noticed the link on the amprnet portal to a HowTo for setting up JNOS as
an amprnet gateway is broken. Looking at alternatives, most documentation
points to a configuration like the one below. My question is if the rip
referenced here is RIP44 or RIP2.  I thought I saw in the JNOS docs that
it's RIP2, and I also thought I read a while back in the portal that RIP44
is what's needed to get the amprnet tunnel routes.  So is perhaps RIP2
intended to be used to interact with LAN side hosts that are also running
RIP as opposed to the WAN side for obtaining tunnel routes?

ifconfig encap ipaddress 44.137.31.67
ifconfig encap mtu 1500
pause 1
ip upstairs 224.0.0.9