[nos-bbs] VARA HF iface for JNOS 2.0 - Connections from JNOS to VARA modem

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Sat Jan 9 15:07:11 EST 2021

Hi Bruce,

The modem is Windows, communications is TCP/IP, one command port, one
data port.

    Jose' webpage is -> https://rosmodem.wordpress.com

At this time my tests are hardwired between 2 Windows PCs, each has it's
own JNOS instance on the network using it. That's all I have to work
with, it
is a good enough setup to confirm that I got the mechanics working nicely.

It's the flow control and a few other issues that I'm going to need a bit of
time to work on, there are some protocol issues that I need to nail down.

For what it's worth, I got confirmation from yet another person this morning
saying the WinRPR interface recently added to JNOS 2.0 is working quite
well, even comparable to their old TNC setups, so that's very encouraging.

I don't use WINE, sorry.

Maiko / VE4KLM