[nos-bbs] EHLO missing, openVPN on Android, email with JNOS

Sky sky at aa6ax.us
Tue Oct 27 23:03:06 EDT 2020

Just a year ago, I had locally added EHLO here and made it equivalent to
HELO. Your JNOS code did not accept EHLO prior to that. WIth that one
change, JNOS can talk to a modern email client.

I use *Claws Mail* on my Raspbian system (Pi3 and Pi4) and it uses SMTP
and POP3 to talk to JNOS. Works like a charm. It required EHLO, but
beyond that it uses only basic commands and can talk to JNOS just fine.

(I also have the additional use-case of a bunch of Python scripts that
run every minute or two and bridge JNOS to internet email and some other
services. The Python mail packages also prefer to use EHLO.)

—Sky

"Sky" (Jim Schuyler)
—Amateur Radio AA6AX
http://aa6ax.us/