[nos-bbs] DUPES and staggered forwarding

M Langelaar maiko at pcsinternet.ca
Fri Oct 23 08:46:36 EDT 2020

Good morning,

I have a fix completed and currently under test. the fix is very easy code,
and it's working amazingly well so far. Multiple and simultaneous forwarding
sessions coming in early this morning (within seconds or even a minute or so
of each other), each having one or more messages containing the same BIDs
as those comingin from other remote systems at the same time, pretty cool !

I know people are hesitant to upgrade, the fix is quite modularized, and can
easily be incorporated into anyone's xNOS code, but I think once my testing
is complete I strongly recommend we start using it (at least that). The
number
of dupes this thing catches is quite scary actually.

I was going to throw some samples on here, but it's too much work to blank
out information that may identify life forms, and I'm not into throwing
ham radio
operators under the bus < that was supposed to be funny, humour required >

I need a few good days of crash free testing on my end, it will go out with
another patch file (just an update of the current one, but 2.0m.5B instead),
check the rsync area in a few days for that one.

Anyways,

Maiko / VE4KLM