[nos-bbs] RPI running JNOS

Sky sky at aa6ax.us
Wed Jul 15 14:31:04 EDT 2020

Hey, Bill ——

Maybe helps you or doesn't help you... I run JNOS on both Pi3 and Pi4
currently. I use a USB  "MFJ TNC-X" so that everything can fit in a nice
boxed configuration without hats and pins and extra cords all over the
place.

Compile was 100% easy.

My JNOS appears at 192.168.2.2 on the Pi via the tunnel set up in
autoexec.nos. So I can access any services there that are listening. Is
this what you're asking?

I use home-built Python add-ons to knit my JNOS into other capabilities
like email. I use regular email app (Claws Mail) to send and receive
thru JNOS (like using Outpost PMM, but without the need to run Windows).
There are a few glitches that are getting worked out, but basically this
works really, really smoothly.

My nodes use AREDN mesh via wi-fi for Internet connectivity, and so far
I do not provide any services "on" the mesh.

See https://SFWEM.NET/

—Sky

"Sky" (Jim Schuyler)
—Amateur Radio AA6AX