[nos-bbs] JNOS on Raspberry Pi - Keyboard garbage on start?

Brian Pasternak brianpasternak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 05:11:24 EST 2020

Hello everyone. I'm attempting to install JNOS on a Raspberry Pi 3 using
N8AVX's HOWTO located at  http://www.mi-drg.org/jnos.html.

Everything seems to install properly, but when I start JNOS using "sudo
./startnos /dev/tty7" from Putty, I get garbage on the screen, see
http://delcorc.org/ham/Capture.PNG , whenever I hit any keys. I've
confirmed that the Localization Options and Keyboard Mappings are correct,
per the manual. However, if I connect my wireless keyboard and a monitor
directly up to the Pi, everything works well.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Brian, AB3RI