[nos-bbs] JNOS error tracking new messages

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Mon Oct 15 13:11:34 EDT 2018

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  In the problem I reported, I'm
referring to public/shared mailboxes, i.e. those listed in spool/areas.  In
that case, I don't know if the index plays role in tracking per-user read
status, since I don't know what info is in the index.

BUT, it's easy to show (I previously provided examples), that the messages
marked read or unread are based on the number stored with the
userid/callsign in <mailbox>.usr.  This is very easy to duplicate by simply
changing the numbers in <mailbox>.usr.

Michael
N6MEF