[nos-bbs] jnos - No more rip broadcasts received...

Brian n1uro at n1uro.ampr.org
Fri May 12 08:58:29 EDT 2017

Jerome;

On Thu, 2017-05-11 at 23:09 -0700, jerome schatten wrote:

> My cable modem died about a week ago. At that time I was receiving rip
> broadcasts on jnos - no problem.  When I finally got the replacement
> modem (today), no more rip broadcasts received.  I of course, updated
> my entry on the Gateway List with my new ip address and made the
> necessary adjustments at the modem.  To get things working again, until
> I figure out what’s happening with rip, I downloaded the latest
> Gateways List and sourced it, and everything works OK with that.

It may not be you. I'm having a similar issue since my IP was changed
but I'm using ampr-ripd 1.16.3. Some of my links simply vanish and
become unreachable but I find they work fine on other systems. When I
look up the route, it goes into the bit bucket on my system, on the
remote system I'm using as a test for route info, it shows fine with a
valid working path.

At first I was beginning to think it may be a linux bug but now with
JNOS acting the same, the common denominator appears to the the rip
broadcast point. I'll have to relay this info to BK.

--
I don't have to worry about body fitness in 2017. All I do is
show my body to itself in the mirror and it throws plenty of
fits.
--------
73 de Brian - N1URO/AFT1BR
email: (see above)
Web: http://www.n1uro.net/
Ampr1: http://n1uro.ampr.org/
Ampr2: http://nos.n1uro.ampr.org
Linux Amateur Radio Services
axMail-Fax & URONode
http://uronode.sourceforge.net
http://axmail.sourceforge.net
AmprNet coordinator for:
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts,
New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,
Rhode Island, and Vermont.