[nos-bbs] Mail bug

Brian n1uro at n1uro.ampr.org
Thu Jun 29 18:18:26 EDT 2017

A condition exists in PBBS mail forwarding where an argument isn't being
passed causing the BID of the incoming mail to be (null). One of two
things is happening at the incoming JNOS:
1) it may crash it
2) the receiving host may substitute the BID with the numeric from the
mail session.

A log entry may show:
16:20:19  I0OJJ-8 on port italy - MBOX (i0ojj) open
16:20:25  I0OJJ-8 on port italy - MBOX (i0ojj) incoming proposal sP wp @
i0ojj < ik6zde
16:20:27  I0OJJ-8 on port italy - MBOX (i0ojj) msg (null) queued
jnos.n1uro.ampr.org

You'll notice the (null) where the BID should be.

From Maiko:
BUG confirmed, (insert colorful metaphore here)! I forgot to pass an
argument, it's expecting 2 arguments, and I only passed it once.
Surprised it is not crashing left right and center when it hits the log
entry. Will fix it when I get home type of thing.
Maiko

--
Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony
wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.
--------
73 de Brian - N1URO/AFT1BR,
President - EastNet Packet Network
https://www.eastnetpacket.org
email: (see above)
Web: http://www.n1uro.net/
Ampr1: http://n1uro.ampr.org/
Ampr2: http://nos.n1uro.ampr.org
Linux Amateur Radio Services
axMail-Fax & URONode
http://uronode.sourceforge.net
http://axmail.sourceforge.net
AmprNet coordinator for:
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine,
Maryland, Massachusetts,
New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,
Rhode Island, and Vermont.