[nos-bbs] KISS TNC?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Thu Jun 29 10:39:24 EDT 2017

Been using this with some success both on PC and on Pi ...

http://g7ltt.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/express-tracker-as-kiss-tnc.html
http://g7ltt.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/jnos-on-raspberry-pi.html

As for GPS/KISS/etc? Not sure what they mean. I've used my KPC3 and 3+ with
a USB<>Serial adapter for the longest time with success. However, IIRC the
KPC3/3+ was able to have a GPS added to the serial port in addition to the
computer it was attached to. Obviously this will not be doable with pure
USB. Also, modes that would require the use of the handshake lines may not
function as intended and firmwares that would create a network of sorts
(BPQKISS etc) would no longer work.

But, now that you have USB why would you need to have a BPQKISS type serial
network? With enough USB hubs and an infinite number of monkeys you could
have all the radio ports you want and then some.

Mark
G7LTT/NI2O