[nos-bbs] soundcard modem software - can any of them connect out ?

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Jul 25 12:05:04 EDT 2017

Good day,

It would be very VERY usefull if I could actually connect from (say
Multipsk)
to my JNOS server instead of the other way around. The standard practice
up till now has been for JNOS to initiate a connect to a listener running on
the Winmor or Multipsk or whatever software.

But since my JNOS is now running on a VM somewhere out in the internet
world, connecting to a listener on my home PC is 'practically' not possible.

I would like to keep a packet port in operation at my home location, it
would
be nice if the soundcard modem software could initiate outgoing connects
to my JNOS server and then I could use the software like I normally do.

Hopefully I'm being clear to what I'm trying to accomplish here.

Anyone know if any of the soundcard modem software can do this ? I'm
guessing no at this time, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

IF not, perhaps a new feature (depending how difficult it would be for
the authors to implement) ? This is just an idea, no expectations :)

Maiko