[nos-bbs] Bulletin Responses

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Tue Jul 11 06:56:59 EDT 2017

Here is a problem that has always annoyed me and caused me to do a
manual workaround.  You can respond to a private message by typing SR,
but when you do it for a bulletin it goes to the sender and not the
flood address (all at ww, etc).

Unless there is something I missed in the manual over the years as
Maiko made updates, this is what I get in the help file for Send:

help s
USAGE
  S[end] <user>[ @ <host>] [< <from_addr>] [$<bulletin_id>]
  SR [msg_number]
  SF <user>[ @ <host>] [< <from_addr>] [$<bulletin_id>]
  SC
  ST <zipcode> @ NTSss

The send command allows you to enter a message  and send it to a user at
either this system, or some other system on the network. The "from_addr"
and "bulletin_id" fields are  for special use and won't be covered here.
The "S" command  may also be followed by "P", "B", or any  other message
type  you use  (e.g. SP wb7xxx @ n7xxx for personal messages, SB for
bulletins, ST for traffic messages, etc.).

"SR" allows you to "reply" to either the current message or the message
number specified.  The subject will be copied and the reply will be sent
to the address it was sent from, as well as to any Cc'd users other than
yourself.

"SF" will forward a copy of the current message to the user specified.
You will be asked for a subject, and the incorporated message will be
preceded and followed by a line indicating the message was forwarded.

"SC" allows you to send a personal message to more than one user. The
system will prompt with "Cc: ", which allows you to add more users to be
sent Carbon-copies of the message.  Separate users on the Cc line with
commas, spaces or tabs.

"ST" sends NTS traffic; ss is the 2-letter state code.  The subject
should give the city, state, and phone number for the recipient, and the
body should contain the recipient's name and physical address, then the
message.

EXAMPLES
send kf7xx            (Send a message to the local user, kf7xx)
s kf7xx at wb7xxx        (Send a message to kf7xx at the wb7xxx host)
sb all at sale           (Send a bulletin describing something for sale)
sr 3                  (Reply to message number 3)
sf n7aaa%n7bbb at w7ccc  (Forward current msg to n7aaa at n7bbb via w7ccc)
sc wg7j               (Send with Carbon-copy to others)
Cc: ka7ehk, n7dva at n7dva
st 72081 at ntsar        (Sent NTS msg to Little Rock, Arkansas)

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 449.025/123.0 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-skywarn.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB/1500 hz waterfall spot; Olivia 8/500 check-ins

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan