[nos-bbs] Mail bug

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Jul 8 16:52:28 EDT 2017

Actually, it's not that 'simple' after looking at it twice.

It would seem the (null) in the log entry is indeed the BID (in other
words it is null at the time it gets logged. It doesn't cause the BID
of the incoming mail to be (null), it just happens to be (null).

The piece of code is in mboxmail.c, the line is :

   /* 02Apr2016, Maiko (VE4KLM), try to log the non-fbb forwards better */
     logmbox (m->user, m->name, "msg %s queued %s", m->tomsgid);

The fix is easy, just remove the second '%s' in the format string.

But that still leaves a NULL tomsgid, which I will now have to figure
out why. for FBB type forwarding the above logs what it should, ie :

   01:03:23  44.135.48.45:1190 - MBOX (ve2har) msg 8616_db0zav queued

But for non FBB it is (null), sigh ....

Oops, and I just realized this is going to NOS-BBS list (oh well)

Maiko