[nos-bbs] Problem Using Thunderbird Client With JNOS

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Sun Jan 1 15:32:08 EST 2017

In trying to set up Thunderbird to be used to access my JNOS on custom ports
of 1100 (POP3) and 25 (SMTP), I get the following message pop-up:

"The POP3 mail server (n2nov.ampr.org) does not support UIDL or XTND XLST,
which are required to implement the ``Leave on Server'', ``Maximum Message
Size'' or ``Fetch Headers Only'' options. To download your mail, turn off
these options in the Server Settings for your mail server in the Account
Settings window."

Since JNOS does not support IMAP, I was setting it up to POP3 and to leave
messages on the server until I manually deleted them in Thunderbird.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 449.025/123.0 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-skywarn.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB/1500 hz waterfall spot; Olivia 8/500 check-ins

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan