[nos-bbs] JNOS Systemd file Ubuntu 16.10

SP2L SP2L at sp2l.ampr.org
Mon Apr 24 07:28:27 EDT 2017

Greetings.

In regards systemd and VT's it is worth to keep in mind the following:

"Two VTs are handled specially by the auto-spawning logic.
Firstly, tty1 gets special treatment: if we boot into graphical
mode the display manager takes possession of this VT.
If we boot into multi-user (text) mode a getty is started
on it -- unconditionally, without any on-demand logic.

Secondly, tty6 is especially reserved for auto-spawned
gettys and unavailable to other subsystems such as X[3].
This is done in order to ensure that there's always a way
to get a text login, even if due to fast user switching X
took possession of more than 5 VTs."

Above quoted from:

   http://0pointer.de/blog/projects

comprising much, much more valuable informations.

Below, also quite interesting site:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/150975/what-is-needed-for-a-minimal-system-boot-to-lanuch-getty-on-a-virtual-console

There I found solution for how to launch listen utility on VT of my choice:

"If you want a getty to spawn even if you don't manually
switch you can add a symlink to /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty at .service to
the /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/directory:

ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/getty at .service
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty at tty9.service

this will result in the getty.target requiring one more getty@ service. "

Best regards.
---