[nos-bbs] A bad piece of pi...

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 6 23:01:34 EDT 2016

Michael…

It certainly looks like the server is disabled.  I believe the server is the daemon ‘telnetd’ and the client is ‘telnet’. I removed both and reinstalled them. I understand that the config files do not get deleted.  I cannot find the configuration file for telnetd, so it must be part of another internet control file.  This pi has only been used to run uronode, but I wonder if uronode in it’s config files, disables the server in favour of some other scheme?  I guess Brian would know, so I copy him on this post.

There is a man page for telnetd and apparently you can get to restart the daemon from the ‘debug’ mode. I’ll look into that.

The firewalls are all disabled — iptables has all ‘ACCEPT’ policies. The only thing running on that affected pi is the OS.

SSH works fine.

jerome