[nos-bbs] JNOS<-->BPQ

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Sep 6 11:22:04 EDT 2016

Danny,

I assume that 203.39.216.134 is the address of the remote/BPQ system.

In my case, I have two differences:

1:  I put the <callsign-ssid> of the remote system in the spot where you have a “-“.  I haven’t experimented with “-“ or blank.

2:  I use -1 where you have the first 10093.  Reason previously explained.

Note that you can use the DNS name instead of the IP address.  This is useful if the remote system does not have a static IP.  But the JNOS DNS client is not running until after autoexec finishes.  So what I do is put these link definitions in a separate file, and then, at the end of autoexec.nos, put:

at now+0001 “source <filename>”

Michael

N6MEF

on my jnos side  I have port set up as below

#Attach BPQ  system vk7hdm-14
attach axudp axu2 256 203.39.216.134 - 10093 10093
ifconfig Description "axudp link to VK7HDM-7 BPQ node"

"attach"                      is to attach the port
"axudp"                      is to define what sort of port axudp axip
"axu2"                        is port name i have given the port for users to use to connect   ie:"c axu2 vk7hdm-14"
"256"                         is paclen from memory
"203.39.216.134"    is the ip address this can also be domain address
" - "                            this used to be the call sign of the link station (vk7hdm-14)    or  -  to be blank if this is not there when you do a jh axu2  you will find port number as station call
"10093"                    is out going port
"10093"                    is incoming port

now in my BPQ config I have

; AX/IP/UDP port definition
PORT
PORTNUM=2
ID=AX/IP/UDP

for link to my jnos system vk7hdm-6 I have

MAP VK7HDM-6 203.39.216.132 UDP 10093 B

Thank you
Kind Regards
Danny Moss