[nos-bbs] JNOS<-->BPQ

Danny Moss danny at ddmcomputers.com
Tue Sep 6 08:38:56 EDT 2016

On 06-Sep-16 4:15 PM, Michael Fox - N6MEF wrote:

>> Xnet demands a specific source port and maybe there more programs
>> demanding that.
> I'm not familiar with Xnet.
>
> Still most (almost all) TCP- and UDP-based protocols don't require a specific source port.  And it's certainly not needed in the case of AXUDP.  I use mostly AXIP.  But both of my AXUDP links use "-1" for the source port or else they wouldn't work at all.
>
> Michael

Hi Guys,

Those experienced jnos users please ignore or correct where needed

I am trying to explain to Clifford how I have my link set up, Mind you I
am NO Expert   all I can say this works for me

I have a good connection between my Jnos system VK7HDM-6 and my BPQ32
vk7hdm-14  my jnos system I have been running for a lot of years a BPQ32
not so long

on my jnos side  I have port set up as below

#Attach BPQ  system vk7hdm-14
attach axudp axu2 256 203.39.216.134 - 10093 10093
ifconfig Description "axudp link to VK7HDM-7 BPQ node"

"attach"                      is to attach the port
"axudp"                      is to define what sort of port axudp axip
"axu2"                        is port name i have given the port for
users to use to connect   ie:"c axu2 vk7hdm-14"
"256"                         is paclen from memory
"203.39.216.134"    is the ip address this can also be domain address
" - "                            this used to be the call sign of the
link station (vk7hdm-14)    or  -  to be blank if this is not there when
you do a jh axu2  you will find port number as station call
"10093"                    is out going port
"10093"                    is incoming port

now in my BPQ config I have

; AX/IP/UDP port definition
PORT
PORTNUM=2
ID=AX/IP/UDP

for link to my jnos system vk7hdm-6 I have

MAP VK7HDM-6 203.39.216.132 UDP 10093 B

Thank you
Kind Regards
Danny Moss