[nos-bbs] BUG: JNOS 2.0k not sending bulletins with mbox fbb 1 or 2

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Sep 4 16:52:48 EDT 2016

BUG:  JNOS 2.0k is not sending bulletins with mbox fbb 1 or 2.

This is strange.  I have several machines with the same configuration
(except for call sign, ip address, hostname).  They will receive bulletins
but not send them if mbox fbb is set to 1 or 2.

With mbox fbb 2 on all machines:

I go to one machine and type, for example:  mbox kick W2xsc

It connects, sends it's SID, then FF.

The other machine sends FQ

They disconnect

The same thing happens if I set the sending machine to mbox fbb 1 and try
mbox kick again.

There is nothing in the nos.log to indicate a problem.  But there are plenty
of bulletins to send (a couple of MB).

But if I set mbox fbb 0, then mbox kick W2xsc, then voila!  It connects and
starts sending proposals.  The other end can still be set to mbox fbb 2.

Maiko:  This is happening with 2.0k release and also with the 2.0k plus the
cc-address hang fix.

Michael

N6MEF