[nos-bbs] BPQ forward.bbs [corrected]

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Wed Jul 6 11:55:46 EDT 2016

Corrected.

From: nos-bbs [mailto:nos-bbs-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Michael Fox -
N6MEF
Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:44 AM
To: TAPR xNOS Mailing List <nos-bbs at tapr.org>
Subject: [nos-bbs] BPQ forward.bbs

I'm having difficulty connecting to a BPQ system with 2.0k.rc using your
forward.bbs example.

I read the example here:
http://www.langelaar.net/jnos2/documents/examples_2.0k.txt

         va3tok

         # Here we are talking to a remote BPQ system

         telnet 44.x.y.z 8011 cronly

         .ve4klm

         .BLAHBLAHBLAH

         +BPQ

         .BPQBBS

         va3tok

But I see different behavior.

The BPQ sysop gave me two telnet ports to try:

One, he calls the telnet port

One, he says he thinks is for FBB logins.

When I try the "FBB login" port, I get connected, but there is no SID, no
prompt, no nothing.

If I just go ahead and send my call sign (as in the example above), then BPQ
responds with "user:"

That can't be right.  So I disconnected.

When I try the telnet port with the BPQ/BPQBBS expect/send sequence above, I
get a protocol error.

When I try the telnet port without the BPQ/BPQBBS sequence above, I get:

BPQ:      user:

JNOS:    mycall

BPQ:      password:

JNOS:    mypasswd

BPQ:      Welcome to blah, blah .

BPQ:      Press ? for list of commands

BPQ:      blah, blah Connected to BBS

BPQ:      [BPQ-6.0.12.25-B1FWIHJM$]

BPQ:      NTS traffic handlers are needed blah blah.>

JNOS:    [JNOS-2.0k.rc-B1FHIM$]

JNOS:    FF

BPQ:      FQ

Looks o.k., but:

I do *NOT* get "BPQ" as shown in the example above.  Is this expected on a
line by itself?

Also, I had to *NOT* use cronly.  If I use cronly, then the session hangs
after JNOS sends it's SID and FF.

Also, it only accepts uppercase in response to the user: prompt.  No big
deal, but different from above.

So neither situation matches the example.

O.K.  But does it work?

No.  When I try to send a message via the telnet port, I get connected, make
the proposal, it is accepted, I send the message, and then it hangs.

My forward.bbs

  ag6qo

  tcp <ipaddress> <port>

  +user: