[nos-bbs] Jnos smtp server prob. SOLVED!

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 12 03:07:47 EST 2016

Well I couldn’t see anything wrong with my rewrite file Bob, but I finally noticed something peculiar:  The system worked fine and delivered the mail properly PROVIDING the recipient was NOT in the alias file.  As it turned out I didn’t have alias’ in there at all, but the local user call as the Alias and that was mapped to its ampr.org address.

I deleted all the entires in the Alias file but kept the blank file, and everything worked as it should.

Thanks for your suggestion — it made me look at how exactly smtp uses the alias and the rewrite files.

73’
jerome