[nos-bbs] 2.0k regression: address rewrite of CC list member

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Wed Aug 17 12:37:55 EDT 2016

I found the cause of another hang in 2.0k.  This is a regression.  It does
NOT exist in 2.0j.7v.

rewritten in spool/rewrite, then JNOS will hang when SMTP services the
queue.  The last line in nos.log will show "open SMTP".

I don't know if this matters, but an smtp gateway is defined.

To recreate:

Add a rule such as the following at the top of your rewrite file (to make
sure some other rule doesn't get used):

ab0xyz                user at bogus.invalid <mailto:user at bogus.invalid>

You can use any address on the left or right-hand side that you want.

Now, at the JNOS console:

jnos> rewrite ab0xyz

to:  user at bogus.invalid <mailto:user at bogus.invalid>

Good.

Now, log in as a user.

Try:

sp ab0xyz

This works

Try:

sc <yourcall>

Cc: ab0xyz

This works

Try:

sc <yourcall>

Cc: <yourcall> ab0xyz

JNOS hangs.

Maiko:  If you need any additional specific info, let me know (diffs between
source files from different versions, whatever).

Michael