[nos-bbs] Bleeding edge FBB protocol error 3 with BPQ

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Apr 18 23:36:49 EDT 2016

> For incoming testing ...

Okay, just realized something as soon as you said that. The noiac option
only applies to outgoing telnet forwards, not incoming. We have no way of
telling jnos that a telnet from a particular callsign is not using IAC.

By introducing the NOIAC option, I have changed the default behavior of
the JNOS software for incoming telnets without the ability (yet) to
disable for particular logins. That's just plain bad.

You'll have to change your 'strategy' then. So for BPQ, you need to tell
them to NOT forward to you, you must initiate forwarding to them.

No need to reply to this particular comment, just something to think about.

I'm going to post a new 'thread' shortly, because now we have a problem.

Maiko