[nos-bbs] forwarding with FBB

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Apr 13 14:30:05 EDT 2016

Greetings,

Here's my own update for anyone who cares.

I too have been spending some time testing out some new ideas and
code. I'm pleased to report that I believe I have solved the telnet
forward issues. I have been testing with Bob and for sure it looks
like even in the YAPP payload, linfbb is expecting IAC manipulation
if I may call it that. This is working remarkably well right now.

But here's the clincher. Winlink forwarding breaks completely with
the new code. I don't believe Winlink follows the IAC rules in the
telnet RFC, that's what it looks like anywyay. So I believe we'll
have to add a flag in the forwarding file for specific systems.

Anyways, before anyone goes crazy 'wasting their time' testing, I
thought I should let you all know. I'm not releasing anything yet,
since I have one remaining peculiarity to deal with.

For some strange reason, sometimes an incoming proposal shows up
as 'A B ...' instead of the expected 'FA B ...'. The raw data stream
that I capture shows it correctly, but the forwarding code is giving
me the latter (ie, the F is missing). Could be something as simple as
not even stack, I hope to get it figured out asap, cause it's the only
thing keeping me from releasing this.

Also, I have new 'index.c' code for the future expires, it seems to
work for me, and I have some more logging improvements to release.

Maiko / VE4KLM