[nos-bbs] mbox fbb 2 errors with FBB

Michael Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Fri Apr 8 19:26:51 EDT 2016

> What is the reasons for running FBB with N=2 ?

Because I thought you were encouraging us to use "mbox fbb 2" and send logs and traces if we found problems.  And because compression would certainly be nice for RF links.  In the cases where a transfer does occur, the log shows 50-90% compression.

On JNOS, "mbox fbb 2" is FBB with compression.
On FBB, "N 2" is FBB with compression.

If FBB is set to "N 1", then that's just plain FBB (no compression), and that's just "mbox fbb 1" in JNOS.  There would be no reason to use "mbox fbb 2" (except to talk to other JNOS machines).

Is that what you meant?

RE the trace:  yes, that's the trace of the tun0 interface, showing only the payload (not all the protocol overhead)

Michael
N6MEF