[nos-bbs] mbox fbb setting

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Apr 1 18:46:52 EDT 2016

I am quite sure the guys on this list that have been running JNOS for eons
and eons will agree that mbox fbb 2 is the 'standard', that's what I have
been using for over 10 years, and it has not changed. It's caused me very
little problems from day one.

I don't understand why select folks are having big problems with this, I
really don't. I have yet to hear any of the seasoned guys and gals out
there ever complain to me that FBB 2 is broken. Telling everyone on this
list that 'mbox fbb 0' is the solution is counter productive.

The real way to check for problems is to run a full trace 0x211 on the
interface in question and then submit the trace so that I can see what
is going on. That's the only way to analyze this stuff.

I get frustated when I'm seeing all these 'mbox fbb 0' solutions popping
up. Also, there's really not much to log in those cases, the best way is
to simply trace the session and look at that.

I wish some of the 'seasoned' guys would say something about this. Sorry
if I'm putting any of them on the spot, but I've spent hours and hours on
this stuff and it's getting frustrating trying to nail things down :(

Maiko