[nos-bbs] linFBB outgoing compressed fwd to JNOS - a discovery

Michael E Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Feb 10 15:25:25 EST 2015

Maiko,

Since I'm not familiar with FBB, can you elaborate on how the linFBB "N"
setting below correlates with the JNOS mbox fbb setting?  For example, as
best I can tell:

JNOS mbox fbb 0 works with linFBB N 0
JNOS mbox fbb 1 works with linFBB N 1
JNOS mbox fbb 2 says it's "compressed and batched".  Does that equat to
linFBB N 2 ("FBB+BIN")?

Also, pardon my ignorance.  But isn't there some sort of negotiation of the
protocol based on the capabilities of each end?  Or perhaps an algorithm to
choose the least common denominator based on the SID?  In other words, even
if linFBB is set to the default, shouldn't FBB and JNOS negotiate down to
whatever is the best that both can do, even if that is just plain text?

Michael
N6MEF