[nos-bbs] case sensitivity of MID/BID - discussion needed

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 21:34:32 EST 2015

Maybe some case-sensitive examples are available as I only could find an
example with completely
changed bids. This was due to a bug in linBPQ version 6.0.9.31

Bob VE3TOK

    16169URGENT - Duplicate Bulls in linbpq version 6.0.9.31 and BPQMal
    1.4.62.2-6

  *
    John Wiseman
    Feb 6 4:58 AM

    A version of LinBPQ which can in some circumstances create a new BID
    for an incoming message was available on dropbox from around Jan
    21^st to Feb 3^rd The affected version is 6.0.9.31. If you are
    running this version, please update as soon as possible.

    The same bug could be in versions of BPQMail between 1.4.62.2 and
    1.4.62.6.

    My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

    Just for the record, this isn’t the same issue reported where the
    case of BIDS has been changed. In this case a new BID is generated
    from  the receiving station’s  Message Number and Call.

    73, John

  *