[nos-bbs] jnos forwarding question...

Michael E Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Sep 2 20:14:32 EDT 2014

Jerome,

You need a copy of "NOSintro - TCP/IP over Packet Radio" by Ian Wade, G3NRW.
In particular the diagram on p144 is the most helpful single page every
written about NOS.  The book is out of print but can be found.  You won't be
disappointed.

http://www.amazon.com/Nosintro-TCP-Over-Packet-Radio/dp/1897649002/ref=sr_1_
1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409703086&sr=8-1&keywords=nosintro+ian+wade

I believe the short answer to your question is "no, there is no hierarchy of
forwarding".  In your rewrite file, you need to decide if you want the
message to be deposited into a specific mailbox to be listed in forward.bbs
for BBS forwarding, or let the SMTP client attempt to deliver it via SMTP.

Michael