[nos-bbs] JNOS Crash

Ray Quinn w6ray at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 2 00:10:53 EDT 2014

I am working on getting the SJVBBS (W6RAY) packet BBS back up on a Raspberry Pi running Raspian Wheezy. I had it running with an earlier version of the software on the Pi without issue. I updated to the latest available via RSYNC. The software crashes after 15 minutes. Running GDB provides the following:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation Fault
0x0006243c in psocket (p=0x218981c) at sockutil.c:50
50       sprintf (buf, "%s on port %s, tmp, ifp->name);

I am sure there was a close ", but I am not sure.

There is nothing in the log file.

Any help is appreciated.

73 de Ray W6RAY
Visalia, CA DM06ih