[nos-bbs] How to avoid SMTP spam mail in mqueue

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:50:08 EDT 2014

> X.ampr.org
> THOUSANDS of spam mail in mqueue.  Don't know how this got through or why it
> was received in JNOS.

I think of this as I get closer to both having a full time JNOS box
and maybe even doing the net 44 dance.   Our current IP on AX25
experimentation is being done with unrouted 10.x addresses.   That's
working fine - at least as far as the configuration is involved.
Getting good 9k6 RF on 440 MHz is another issue.

So it would be nice to move to 44 net and get connectivity to the
other 44 net members.  However it seems the troubles and dangers of
using a fully routed 44 net scheme isn't worth the benefits.   If I
need access to the home system I can just use the static IP's and
that's going to a (sorta) protected NIX system.

This specially applies to EMail.   I don't know if I need or even want
my 44 net system receiving Email from non-44 non-ham stations.

So what think you who are online now - 44 net or not?   Full internet or not?

73
Bill - WA7NWP