[nos-bbs] JNOS forwarding on RF and IP/UDP

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Mon Jul 21 11:18:24 EDT 2014

Erm .....

Why are we still using AXxx protocols onwire links? Why not use
telnet/SMTP/etc instead?

I don't think that there is a way that JNOS can tell if the target
device is "there" without trying to connect. So you could do some
routing/metric costs which would force a connection over wire first
and then over RF if the wire fails.

Mark