[nos-bbs] Bulletin flood handling

Gustavo Ponza g.ponza at tin.it
Sat Aug 9 10:10:02 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-09 at 04:35 -0700, Michael E Fox - N6MEF wrote:
> Thanks Gustavo.  But that doesn't really address my three topics below.  Can you be specific about what you do in each of the three cases described below?
>
> Michael
> N6MEF

Perhaps to reply the questions it is better/easy for me to describe
what is my setup and specifying also that (actually) my JNOS2 system
doesn't forward anymore to no one PBBSs, so, here it is:

Available areas are:             <- obtained by the 'a' command

i0ojj
          all       amsat     antenn    dxnews    homebr
info      jnos      packet    radio     sysop     tcpip
world

Available areas are:             <- obtained by the 'af' command

i0ojj       Your private mail area

all      General Info/Bulletins for all WW countries
amsat    Info/News on Amateur Satellites
antenn   *Antennas: theory, techniques and construction
dxnews   *Discussion, tips, notices and news for DXers
homebr   *Amateur radio construction and experimentation
info     *Informational postings related to radio (M)
jnos     JNOS Packet <> TCP/IP software
packet   *Packet radio and other digital radio modes
radio    Ham radio activities and related matter
sysop    General Info/Bulletin for PBBS SysOps
tcpip    Info on Internet/linux protocols
world    A potpourri of arguments...

My original setup idea (now partially superseded/obsolete)
was that to define some real *ham* topics as described just
above and so I made some rewriting to do that job:

# Put all AX.25 (packet) incoming bulletin into the appropriate areas!
#
44-net@* packet
all@* all
amsat@* amsat
*@amsat amsat
antenn@* antenn
aprs@* packet
ardf@* radio
*@arl radio
*@arrl radio
#asynop@* meteo
baybox@* packet
bbs@* packet
cq*@* radio
digit@* packet
dx@* dxnews
dxnews@* dxnews
*@dx* dxnews
help@* world
homebr@* homebr
info@* info
jnos@* jnos
kep@* amsat
*@kepsna amsat
linux@* packet
lnxham@* packet
meteo@* world
newusr@* world
news@* dxnews
packet@* packet
pactor@* packet
policy@* world
prop@* radio
qst@* radio
radio@* radio
sat*@* amsat
satdig@* amsat
solar@* radio
space@* amsat
sysop@* sysop
*@sysop sysop
tcpip@* packet
tech@* homebr
tutti@* all
ubuntu@* packet
uwave@* radio
varie@* world
xfbb@* packet
xnet@* packet
wetter@* world
#wx@* world
wx@* refuse
# WPROT msgs generated by obcm
w@* world
#
# 'Dulcis in fundo': *everything* NOT MATCHING each of above 'areas'
# are re-addressed into the 'world' area (a kind of pot-pourri)!
#
*@* world
#

Solution:

Now, for what concern the areas/topics to remain as 'local' they
simply must not be mentioned in the JNOS forward file.

The other areas/topic to be further forwarded need only to be
re-mapped as convenient and simply forwarded.

73, gus i0ojj