[nos-bbs] AGWPE/JNOS

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Apr 4 11:01:08 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using Maiko's AGWPE compatibility in JNOS?

I've been wrestling it for a few days now and am getting nowhere. I have
written the following attach statement ...

attach agwpe sc1 192.168.203.44 2000  (I run my AGWPE on port 2000)

... which JNOS accepts. However, I get varying results from the many AGWPE
compatible softwares that I have. For example, DIREWOLF never TX's but
gives me the following errors ...

Connected to AGW client application ...

--- Unexpected Command from application using AGW protocol:

<<< Register CallSign from AGWPE client application, total length = 36
        portx = 0, port_hi_reserved = 0
        kind_lo = 88 = 'X', kind_hi = 0
        call_from = "NI2O-4    ", call_to = ""
        data_len = 0, user_reserved = 0, data =

[0L]
[0L]

.... The [0L] characters appear every time I try and send any traffic
through the modem.

Other packages are not so verbose. I've tried UZ7HO's package and also
AGWPE itself. I'm getting nothing. It's almost as if JNOS is not connecting
to the AGWPE server.

My assumption (based on the DIREWOLF output) is that JNOS is incorrectly
connecting to the server. I've checked all my IP settings/netmasks etc
which is usually where I fudge up (you would never believe I do this for a
living!) and everything is able to talk to everything else.

The ultimate goal here is to deploy a few Pi's around town configured with
AGWPE compatible soft-modems which will be controlled by my JNOS hub.

I've tried this with success using tools such as Xastir and Outpost. It
works really well. Admittedly it's across my shack rather than across the
web but IP is IP right?

Thanks!

Mark