[nos-bbs] TEKK KS-1000 5 WATTS 70CM DATA RADIO

Jose Ng Lee hp2cwb at cwpanama.net
Fri Apr 4 00:27:28 EDT 2014

I have two Tekk KS-1000 5 watts 70cm Data Radio new bought more the 15 years ago for 9600 baud operation but never put it to work.

Also, bought back then a KPC-9612 and MFJ TNC 9600 for 9600 baud operation but never put it to work on 9600 and only operated in 1200 baud..

In my country Panama there is no 9600 baud packet activity, so I will like to put a Jnos port on 9600 baud UHF for operation.

Searching on the internet found a pdf with KS-1000 info and the pin assingment of the DB9 connector.

Has anyone have experienced with these old Tekk data radio before and can tell me if the data in and data out pin can be connected directly to the KPC-9612 / MFJ TNC or a capacitor or resistor is needed in between to adjust the level of the signal.

Thanks,
José / HP2AT