[nos-bbs] Crashing every 4 days?

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Sep 12 22:38:11 EDT 2013

Hey Don,

> 16:03:41.170975 IP 93.115.85.4.60946 > 192.168.1.150.53:

It would seem that you have packets being directed at port 53
of your tun0 interface (JNOS). If you lookup port 53, you will
see it is a port used for DNS lookup requests.

That in itself is normal I suppose. Perhaps JNOS is being overwhelmed
by requests or they are badly formated requests causing JNOS to crash,
or perhaps this is not the trace related to the crash at all. We're
also assuming that the crash is due to network traffic ? Maybe it's
something else.

Hopefully we'll see what your GDB reports if it crashes again.

Maiko