[nos-bbs] How open *.txt.gz files of the list

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:26:43 EDT 2013

Hi Miguel,

I have exactly the same problem, it looks like the character encoding,
can't read them automatically.
in my browsers.
I also downloaded one of the (g) zipped archived files  and I can
correctly unzip it with gunzip
but the text is a mess.
I only get a warning "converted from a MAC format" if I open the
resulting .txt file , hmm and this is
all in Ubuntu.
(The old MAC format way before OS X  used CR as line breaks)
Same happens with the linux list at their site.
Strange as TAPR uses Debian at their server.

73,

Bob VE3TOK