[nos-bbs] JNOS panic restart about every 5 minutes

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 01:10:31 EST 2013

Hello Maiko, hope all has been well with you.

I recently installed a brand new, top of the line linux server and am experiencing frequent crashes of JNOS2.0j

New box is running Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS server.
Kernal is Linux 3.8.0-33-generic
Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 4 cores
Memory is 4 GB

When I first installed the OS and then copied JNOS over from the old machine, JNOS would not run at all. So, I compiled a fresh JNOS using MAKE on the new box.

Now JNOS runs, but keeps doing panic restarts about every 5 minutes (Seems more during bulletin transfers)

During compile, I did get some 'warnings' but no 'fatals'

Was hoping you (or someone in the group) could tell me where to start looking.

I also can't seem to locate my info for variables used in the 'startnos' file.  Anyone who has the 'startnos' file info I would appreciate a copy as well.  (thanks)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wm Lewis

KG6BAJ