[nos-bbs] Doubt pack about starting my new jnos node

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:09:28 EST 2013

Miguel,

Some more info as I have better read the lines you use in BPQ

Change

APPLICATION 3,JNOS,,EB5JEQ-6,,255

As above APPLICATION line is for internal applications
part of BPQ itself to execute things like CHAT or the internal BBS

You want to connect to an external node over the AXUDP link
at port 5

So you have to change it to

APPLICATION 3,JNOS,C 5 EB5JEQ-6 S

You can broadcast the netrom node tables over your AXUDP link
and the nodes show up.
But you can also use INP3 as BPQ supports it!

73,

Bob VE3TOK

Hi Maguel,

Did you also "define http"  in "config.h" before you compiled it?

html files should be in  wwwroot of the jnos directory

BPQ

You should define an APPLICATON in bpq32.cfg
If jnos is on the node list of bpq you could use for example,

APPLICATION 6,JNOS,C VE3TOK-6 S

Otherwise you have to add the port number like

APPLICATION 6, JNOS,C 2 VE3TOK-6 S

This is for the Windows or Linux version of BPQ

Port forwarding you do in your firewall of Linux and the lines depend on
what you are running but for shorewall the examples are on the
man page of shorewall-rules.

If you use iptables directly an example is:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
44.1.2.3:8080
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -d 44.1.2.3 --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

That forwards  traffic for port 80 to jnos http at ip address 44.1.3.4
port 8080

73,

Bob (Boudewijn) VE3TOK